Kansas City transplant, JJ Soderling aka FSTZ has been rocking turntables since age 17. His first dubstep release in 2008 on Bassism Records entitled “Witness the Day / Troostwood Blues” received critical acclaim as well as support from genre heavyweights such as: Plastician, Ntype, Hatcha, Antiserum, Roommate and Babylon System. FSTZ has since released his music on Dubfront, Phantom Hertz, Specops, Reboot Records, RogueDubs and Snatchy Trax. Today we are excited to have him do installment number 8 of the Exclusive Mix Series.
Make sure you stream or download his mix below, and while you are blasting it at full volume, maybe check out the questionnaire below.
What is the best thing about writing tunes:
Writing a tune and seeing the crowd react positively to it.
Your favorite studio gear:
My Access Virus TI synth.
What artist in your scene inspires/motivates you:
Life changing album:
Amon Tobin – Supermodified.
Use multiple delay units on one track for super wet and dubby delay sounds.
Something people don’t know about you:
I am a closet political junkie.
Favorite food joint:
01. Druthers and Drips – Hit ‘Em (Sinistarr Remix)
02. Bass Taco – Flip My Chips
03. MoonDoctoR – Numbers
04. Deft – The Count (Bounce)
05. Lenkemz – Burn this Floor
06. MC Zulu – Body Work (Druthers and Drips VIP)
07. Machinedrum – Fantastix
08. Fresh till Def x MoonDoctoR – Gimme The Sign
09. Bames – Can Move
10. Fishtixx – Enter
11. Druthers and Drips – Pancaker
12. Moresounds – Hour of Doom
13. Traxxman – Blow Yer Shit (Lenkemz Remix)
14. Manni Dee – Bring Em Up
15. DLX – LoCash (FSTZ Remix)
16. Ascend – Can’t Hold Back (Dawn Day Night edit)
17. Druthers and Drips – Let it Roll (Footmerc Remix)